SEO Most Common Asked Questions After OpenAi - Bard and other AI Platforms
Before, we jump to SEO, let me ask you this
Are you just starting in SEO?
Or are you a business owner wanting to improve your website?
If you are either of these we have put together some answers to questions you are surely asking.
Sometimes it is hard to keep track of how things work because algorithms change so quickly and even professionals have to work hard to stay up-to-date with changes.
There are some things that rarely change and we can help you understand these
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization or Optimisation in case you use british english.
This relates to the optimisation of your online presence to make your work more visible to search engines. It involves keywords and queries but also much more.
Keywords can help you increase the ranking of a site. They will help bring in new traffic through Google’s listings as opposed to paid ads.
We need to ensure search engines understand who you are, what you offer and can see your content easily. Also to convince them that you are trustworthy.
Google’s rank results, however, are based on the best solution for a person’s search.
Do you actually need SEO in 2023?
Yes you still do. It is an investment that needs investigation. Even with the rise of AI platforms that can assist with Search Engine Optimization, it still lacks the SEO strategy. Here is the reason why
Search engine optimization increases your website traffic without costing you a thing.
When you tune your web content to attract the online customers that are already actively looking for your products or services etc. your website will begin to rank higher.
SEO creates an organic increase. Investment into the skills and resources is necessary of course but your are free to investigate these yourself or to hire a professional to audit your site for you.
The main goal is for your website to rank high on the search engine results page. (SERPs). A high ranking brings good traffic streams and constant visibility.
Organic searches are responsible for 59% of a total website traffic. Ignoring SEO sends your customers to the competitors that have embraced it.
What are the benefits of Search Engine Optimization?
There are several benefits of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for websites, including:
- Increased visibility and traffic: By optimizing your website for search engines, you can increase its visibility and drive more traffic to your site. This can result in more leads, conversions, and revenue.
- Cost-effective: SEO is a cost-effective marketing strategy compared to other forms of digital marketing like PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising. Once you have optimized your website, it can continue to attract organic traffic without the need for ongoing investment.
- Builds trust and credibility: A website that appears at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) is seen as more trustworthy and credible by users. This can help build your brand’s reputation and make it easier for users to trust your business.
- Better user experience: SEO involves optimizing your website’s structure, content, and navigation to make it more user-friendly. This can improve the user experience, resulting in increased time on site and lower bounce rates.
- Competitive advantage: SEO can give your business a competitive advantage over other businesses in your industry. By appearing at the top of SERPs for relevant keywords, you can attract more traffic and customers than your competitors.
Overall, SEO is a crucial strategy for any website that wants to increase its online visibility, attract more traffic, and grow its business.
How Does SEO Work?
Google has set out over 200 or more factors that affect ranking and Google keeps adding more to the list. Search engine algorithms rank a website based on this set of criteria. Relevancy and authority of pages are just two of these.
Google wants users to receive the best possible answers for their searches. They want users to trust searches.
SEO makes sure that content is relevant for specific search enquiries.
Why Has My Organic Traffic Dropped?
You need to do a bit of research for this.
You need to establish what people are actually searching for before you can optimise your content to attract them.
There are a few ways of doing this.
Google’s Keyword Planner is one and another is the SEMrush Keyword Magic Tool.
Enter a tool or phrase that you think customers would use if they wanted the products or services you offer.
You will see a range of suggested keywords pop up.
These words inform your strategy. They help you understand what people want.
Why Isn't My Website Ranking on Google?
If your website is not ranking on google there are a number of things that might be causing this.
Head to Google and run a site:search for your website.
If you see your page listed then you know that your site is indexed.
If your site is not ranking it could mean that it has not built up the authority needed for competitive enquiries.
Ranking must be deserved.
If your content is lacking in depth and quality then it will be hindered from ranking. Have a look at the pages that are ranking above yours and compare.
If your website does not show up in searches it has not been indexed. A number of factors could make this happen:
– It is a new site and you have not submitted it to Google or linked to it from anywhere else. (Set up Google Search Console and request indexing)
– It is received a penalty for violating Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. to be the case but you should be aware of these guidelines.